This week on the podcast, PRWeek Editorial Director Steve Barrett and Managing Editor Frank Washkuch are joined by Kiwan Anderson, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Nike Communications, and Aamira Garba, owner of LoveLee Wine.
– Anderson talks about the origins of Nike Communications, the Black Acceleration Initiative – pro bono PR and marketing support for Black-owned businesses – and how the industry can better serve career development black professionals beyond Black History Month; Garba explains how the Black Acceleration Initiative propelled LoveLee Wine, how she developed her own brand and more;
– Recap of Super Bowl LVI, the best and worst commercials, the blockbuster halftime and the game itself;
– The latest on the upheaval at CNN, as Allison Gollus quits following the departure of Jeff Zucker earlier this year;
– Discuss notable Valentine’s Day advertisements and activations this year;
– Exciting results from HypeAuditor’s State of Influencer Marketing report on the social media platforms favored by influencers;
– On the transfer of Heidi Hovland to Edelman as Global President of Food and Beverage;
– Meet this week’s Pets in PR pet feature, Pimm the dog.